Sunday, February 2, 2014

A "DUH" Moment

I have a funny story to share with you.  A few years ago, we were watching the Super Bowl at my in-laws.  I was excited to watch the Super Bowl, even though I'm not very football savvy.  In all honesty, I was more interested in the halftime show and the new commercials... oh and getting my grub+drink-on, of course.  I'm not sure what quarter it was or what down, but I noticed that they "marked" the field with a bright yellow line to indicate the down.  Then, I saw that the bright yellow line MOVED!  I was in awe at how fast "they" were able to move the line.  I asked my sister-in-law how they did it so quickly.  She turned to me with a "WTF, are you kidding me?" look and asked if I was serious.  Clearly, I was.  Apparently, that bright yellow line wasn't really being marked on the field.  I'm sure a part of me knew that, and perhaps I was experiencing a "DUH" moment, but boy, did I feel like an idiot. Ha!  To this day, I still laugh about it. :)

Are you watching the Super Bowl today?  If so, who are you rooting for?    

{Old Navy gingham shirt, Zara vest & bag, F21 leather shorts, PacSun booties, Rayban sunnies}

xx Love & Aloha,
S

6 comments:

Lindsey Dixon said...

I did the exact some thing! I couldn't understand how they moved the lines and I'm pretty sure I asked my husband....oops!

Halfway Heroine

Sybil said...

love how you put that vest on with this outfit! :)
so military chic! :D

Animated Confessions

Kate said...

Haha! You're too cute, S. I'm not much of a football fan either. Love this look. The gingham shirt and the utilitarian vest is a match made in heaven.

xo Kate

joy said...

I LOVE your olive vest and cool booties!

Jo said...

I'm exactly the same! Cute story and I adore your outfit!

xo Jo

http://www.whiterosesandcoffee.com

FashionJazz said...

Loving your shirt! Hope you are well hun, its been a while :)

http://www.fashionjazz.co.za/?p=6561